[guestpost]Lady of Purpose Network would like to introduce guest blogger and author, Charron Monaye, as she discusses a topic that is right up our alley, Purpose! Let’s hear what she has to say…[/guestpost]
If someone walked up and asked you, “Who are you”, what would you say? Would your answer reflect on who you are or who society has told you to become? Every day we wake up, we are forced to make choices, make attempts, and make opportunities happen while building connections, receiving degrees, and securing jobs or careers. We are forced to take care of our responsibilities in order to keep bills paid, food in the fridge, a roof over our heads, and gas in the car. But does accomplishing this define who you are or your purpose in life?
Understanding who you are will ultimately help you seek out and live within your divine purpose. Too often are people confused or either unsure on what their real purpose is in life, what they’re passionate about, and who they are, but that’s okay. Some of us go through life never being able to answer that question and others fly through guessing along the way. Before we get into know your purpose, let’s examine things that will show you that you are not living in your purpose.
- Seeking validation from people;
- Finding people to make you happy within;
- Living within someone else’s vision.
Feeling the need to do any of these things is a guarantee that you are not living in your purpose. Your purpose is something that is used to motivate, inspire, and educate you to become the best version of yourself as you journey through life. Your purpose is your definition and answer to the question, “Why was I born?” What where you born to do, to achieve, or to overcome? Every single one of us was created for a special purpose, but it’s within life’s lessons, experiences, and journey that we fully digest and own it. When you are living in your purpose, you are happy, at peace, and content with doing the following:
- Loving yourself unapologetically;
- Walking in your space feeling fulfilled;
- Accepting opportunities that belong to you;
- Celebrating your own success.
If you are living within your purpose, I applaud and congratulate you on a job well done. However, if you are not, let me help you get on track. You are so deserving to be in a place that is going to lead you to your destiny, regardless of what others may think or say. Some of things you can do to help you towards your purpose are:
- Learn every element about you ~ When you know what makes you happy, what makes you ticks, then you will find your talents, skills, and what doesn’t work for you.
- Go to different events ~ Trying new things will help you think outside of the box and get you to see the world outside of the bubble that you allowed people to put you in.
- Go back to school ~ Research a major or a skill that you truly love and become knowledgeable in it. When you enhance your knowledge, you strengthen your ability and chances to achieve!
- Love yourself ~ When you love yourself, embrace your flaws, and accept your gifts it becomes that much harder for society to recreate you. You have to own you in order to live with you.
Your purpose is your passport to travel through life to embrace your destiny. So don’t continue to live without knowing, and once you know, enjoy it. Look at it this way; your purpose belongs to you, so why not learn it so it can make this thing called “Life” that much easier to appreciate.
Charron Monaye is an established author committed to achieving artistic excellence by using her pen to raise awareness regarding social issues and enhancing positive relationships and self-love. Mz. Monaye is an award-winning, independent author with titles such as: “My Side of the Story”, “Living Laughing and Loving My Way Through”, and her upcoming release “Love the REAL You”. She is the proud mother of 2 wonderful sons, Christopher and Craig. She is a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Epsilon Rho Zeta Chapter & Order of Eastern Star, Ruth Chapter #66 (PHA~ PA).